Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Eli's Quilt

It finally happened.
I finished Eli's superhero quilt.


The boys will be moving into bunk beds at some point over the next few weeks, so nothing like having a deadline to motivate me to sew that dreaded binding on!
When I started the quilt I had troubles deciding which patterns to go with, Thomas the Train, Superheros, squares, triangles, big shapes, little shapes. I decided to stick with superheros, like Zac's, so it may grow with him a little longer then Thomas might have. That said, I had Thomas fabric so I did the backing with that fabric so he could have a little bit of both. I opted to do large, squares for the pattern, because I was being lazy and it seemed like less work!
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, it's warm and cozy and boyish, everything I hoped it would be, and I know he will love it.
I had hoped to save the quilts for the new house but since our move has been put on hold for a bit I'm going to gift these with their bunk beds. I'm hoping it will make the transition to sharing a room (and move to a big boy bed for Eli) a little more exciting... fingers crossed at least! 
I can't wait to give it to him!

No comments: