Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pink Quilt

I finished my pink quilt and I couldn't be happier. 
Well I could I suppose, but I've decided when it comes to quilting I need to give up any form of perfectionism I hold on to as I am completely incapable of making a "perfect" quilt.
I've decided that will be my signature charm though, imperfection.
Realistically I think quilting could teach me a thing or two about life and learning to let go of my perfectionist nature. Think of all the things I could do, the stress that wouldn't exist and the fun I could have if I didn't once think about doing/performing it perfectly.
Ah quilting, teaching me so many life lessons!

*the pattern for this quilt can be found in Amy Butler's Book Little Stitches for Little Ones* 
I doubled the batting as I plan on using this as a play blanket on hardwood floors after my little Miss arrives.

No comments: